How to remove a surgical face mask?
Always follow product instructions on use and storage of the mask. If instructions for putting on and removing the mask are not available, then follow the steps below.
- Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before touching the mask. Avoid touching the front of the mask. The front of the mask is contaminated. Only touch the ear loops/ties/band. Follow the instructions below for the type of mask you are using.
- Face Mask with Ear loops: Hold both of the ear loops and gently lift and remove the mask.
- Face Mask with Ties: Untie the bottom bow first then untie the top bow and pull the mask away from you as the ties are loosened.
- Face Mask with Bands: Lift the bottom strap over your head first then pull the top strap over your head.
- Throw the mask in the trash. Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
How to take off a surgical mask properly?
Did you find this helpful?
You might also want to ask...What is a face mask used for?
We educate in order to end the outbreak of Coronavirus COVID-19.
Have a good question and answer? Suggest quality content